Tryouts for the fall 2016 season will be Wednesday, August 9, 2017. If you have not received information already about the upcoming season and are interested in playing please contact Head Coach Steve Horn.
** Every player MUST have a physical on file prior to participation.
Summer Training 2016
- Summer training will begin on Monday, June 13. The summer training plan will be as follows…
- Monday & Thursday from 600-730p.
- All sessions will be at the HS complex.
- Players are required to wear shinguards, bring a properly inflated ball, and water.
- These sessions are optional, but encouraged for those players who are in town.
- The summer dead period is from July 1-10. During this time, no training or games will take place.
- Aug. 1-7 is also a dead period; however, we are allowed to do conditioning. We will definitely have a few days scheduled, but not has been set yet.
- Our summer 4v4 games will take place on Wednesday evenings and will start at 600p. Games should conclude by 800p at the latest. Again, players are required to wear shinguards during this event.
- Prior to tryouts on August 10 all players are REQUIRED to have a physical on file with the school.
- So you can start budgeting and preparing, the fall team fee will be right around $200 which covers the cost of camp and game socks. The athletic fee was $180 last year, but I have not been told what it will be this next school year.
- Important dates to remember:
- Aug. 8 – Program Meeting (mandatory for all players & parents)
- Aug. 10 – Start of Fall Season (1st day of tryouts)
- Aug. 13 – JV & Varsity travel to Camp Leelanau via Dean Trailways
- Aug. 15 – Return from Camp Leelanau
Several training activities will prepare the high school soccer player for tryouts. The coaching staff encourages prospective team members to practice these regularly throughout the summer so that the player will be familiar with them by tryouts. The following document describes the activities, chose desired format: